Photographer:Heiman & Schlueter
Bartlett and Granger, Tex.
See also Frank Joseph Schlueter.
Henry Bernard Heiman
(11 Mar 1865 - 27 Oct 1927)
1865 Mar 11
Texas, US census, Find-A-Grave H B Heiman is born to Bernard Heiman and Marie Heiman
Falls, Texas, state records, Henry B Heiman marriage to Josephine F Schlueter in Falls, TX; Heiman becomes the brother in law of Frank Joseph Schlueter
Texas, birth of daughter Pauline
Granger, TX, birth of son Benjamin
Granger, TX, US census H B Heiman as photographer
Granger, TX, birth of son Alfred William Heiman
Houston, TX, neither Heiman nor Schlueter is listed
Houston, TX, city directory H B Heiman as photographer with Heiman and Schlueter at 303 Polk Ave; res same
Houston, TX, city directory, H B Heiman is NOT listed; Schlueter is listed as photographer at 1907 Decatur
Lubbock, TX, city directory, H B Heiman is listed as photographer but Heiman and Schlueter studio is NOT listed
1910 Apr 20
Houston, TX, US census, H B Heiman (misspelled Heinan) as Artist (same census page as brother in law Schlueter)
1911 - 1912
Lubbock, TX, city directory Heiman as photographer; in 1911, Schlueter is still in Houston and has partnered with Joseph D Litterest
Lubbock, TX, city directory Heiman as real estate agent
1915 - 1919
Lubbock, TX, city directory as contractor
US census as builder in Houston, TX
1923 - 1926
Houston, TX city directory no occupation shown
1927 Oct 27
Heiman dies at age 62 in Houston, TX
Not much information is available on Henry Bernard Heiman. It was found that he lived in Granger, TX, at least from 1892 to 1907 which agrees with the Frank Schlueter timeline. It also appears that he quit the photography business in 1913 to become a real estate agent and then a building contractor.
Based on the records available for the two photographers, they worked as partners in and around Granger, TX, as least intermittently, between about 1892 and 1906. They both moved to Houston, TX, in 1906 but by 1908, Heiman has moved to Lubbock, TX.
The cabinet card at the top would have been finished between 1892 and 1906.